*My male stayed at my side through each push and horrid contraction. I wanted this boy, I wanted this family, my eyes never left his as he whispered strength and pushed courage into my soul through our bond. Darion, was to be his name. He was to be so many things, warrior, confidant, but mostly our son. Feeling the tears well up, my vision clouds as Luc leans in on a whisper, telling me how he will love and honor our new family for all the days of his life. Feeling his soft lips on my forehead, I push one last time. Gripping the sheets of our bed, my son ready to be born into this unknown world, my eyes close.
Even on this day I remember that sound, that little cry telling me he was OK, It broke me in so many ways, I never feared this world until the day that child was born, though I knew he would always be safe. Calming enough to enjoy the sight before me, my mate taking his black shirt off and reaching for his son. I was in complete amazement as he held Dare against him, talking lightly to the babe then looking at me with a proud smile; I knew right then that the breed warrior I love, the growly menacing broody male that I adore and most fear, was meant for this role.
Happy Fathers Day
Love your Wife,
Gabrielle
No comments:
Post a Comment